Every state has its specific requirements for obtaining a US birth certificate. In the state of California, replacement birth certificates are obtained through the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). Depending on the year of birth, a replacement birth certificate usually takes from four to six weeks to process. According to the CDPH website, requests for a birth certificate must be submitted to them by mail according to the following 6 steps:
1. If you are the person who the birth certificate is for, or the parents listed, request an authorized copy of the birth certificate. If you are another person specified by law, you must obtain an information copy.
2. Download the PDF file with the pamphlet for certified copies of birth records.
3. Download and complete the application on their website.
4. Determine whether your application must be accompanied by a sworn statement. If so, it must be notarized.
5. Determine the fee for your certified copy. Payment must be included with the application by either U.S. bank or money order.
6. Mail the request and supporting documents, if required, to the CDPH at the appropriate address as listed on their website.
Another way to obtain a California birth certificate without the hassle or long waiting times is through FastBirthCertificates.com. Enjoy a 5-minute online ordering time without any paperwork, trackable ordering and shipping so you know when the birth certificate will arrive, and the fastest processing times available online! To learn more, call us at 415-409-8220.