To help keep you on track, the best thing to do is make different wedding checklists of items that need to be taken care of ahead of time. While it can be tempting to just make one big list of everything, you could potentially overlook some of the smaller, yet important items you need to complete. It is much better to make smaller lists and delegate responsibilities whenever possible.
- Order a copy of your birth certificate online. The fastest way to get a birth certificate is to do so online, as you can skip the long lines and time needed to get a copy from your local municipality office.
- Obtain the form needed to request a marriage license. You might be able to get this form online, too, and save some time. Otherwise, you will need to get it from your local courthouse.
- Obtain the form needed to change your name. Some municipalities do post this form online, or else, like the marriage license application, it could require a trip to your local courthouse or municipality office.
- Select a Date
- Choose a Venue
- Complete Gift Registries
- Hire a Wedding Planner
- Pick a Theme
- Choose a Wedding Dress
- Select Bridesmaids and Groomsman
- Hire a Wedding Photographer
- Hire a Wedding Caterer
- Hire a Wedding Entertainer/DJ
- Choose a Wedding Cake
- Mail Invitations and Request an RSVP
If you, for some reason, put off getting your birth certificate until the last minute, you can still get one quickly from Fast Birth Certificates with our expedited processing option. Order yours today online or call us at (415) 528-2585.